Youth of Agro-Marine Development Association (YAMDA), Somalia
Based in Merka, Somalia, YAMDA was established in January, 2014. It targets communities in Lower Shebelle, Bay, Bakool, and Banadir Regions. To promote community development, YAMDA focuses on such areas as agriculture and coastal line development, vocational training and capacity building, education, health and sanitation among others.
YAMDA’s vision is to see a hunger-free Somolia where small household farmers and fishers are equipped with better farming methods, have access to markets for their produce and can support themselves and their families. It seeks to do this by providing training and technical support to small holder farmers and fishers on best farming practices thus promoting sustainable development.
|training during Agricultural trade fair|
The Youth of Agro-Marine Development Association (YAMDA) operates under the following ethics:
- Commitment and flexibility
- Loyalty and honest
- Developmental facilities of Education, Health and re-establishment of the economic resources
- Holding workshops and seminars with fishers and farmers on marine and agricultural technology
- Training small scale fishers and farmers on modern methods
- Creating marine and agricultural cooperatives by providing investments
- Agricultural and marine inputs distribution to poor small farmers and fishers such as treated seeds, fertilizers, insecticides, boats, nets and motors
- Encouraging small and poor farmers and fishers to increase their production through agricultural and marine extension
- Developing market infrastructure and marketing system
Throughout the year, YAMDA plans to narrow down their focus on the communities that have been affected by drought in the lower Shebelle region.
You can find out more about YAMDA by emailing them via: email@example.com