The Network of African Youths for Development (NAYD) is seeking to empower African rural communities to implement Global Goals through youth-led and co-ordinated action- through data generation, monitoring, and advocacy campaigns. The network is building structured, gender balanced, committed, and country focused teams that will coordinate collective action by rural communities in support of the sustainable development goals and agenda 2063.
The network seeks to:
• Identify community based SDG priorities and nuance them with community context
• Create awareness of the SDGs in local communities and build constituency
• Enable youth to monitor relevant SDGs in their community by creating a local monitoring platform
• Create a central knowledge hub that provides technical support, monitoring instruments, toolkits and indicators.
• Develop a capacity building programme that provides mentorship for youth-led organisations and initiatives in relation to the SDGs.